Friday, February 19, 2010

My Blue Angel

Three months after sobering up in the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous, I got off the streets, got myself a job and decided to fulfill an old childhood dream. Payday rolled around two weeks later and I beat cleats to my nearest music store, rented a cheap Hohner guitar and began practicing right away.

Blistered fingers were a walk in the park compared to the death of winter I survived being homeless, so I practiced and practiced. I watched tutorials on YouTube, anything I could find. And then I discovered something called "fingerpicking". Wow. This interested me, so I plucked away for weeks and weeks. I was starting to sound...pretty good!

By the time my 30th birthday rolled around, I went to the music store and turned in my Hohner. I was a bit sad to part with it, cheap ugly brown dreadnought. But then I looked up and saw the prettiest blue guitar under the sun. She was like an angel sent from heaven just for me.

"Oh, yes", I thought, "She must be mine."

Well, it's a year later and I can't put the damn thing down! Sometimes I wish I would've picked it up a little earlier in life - But hey! No regrets.






Here is one of my first recordings ever. It's called "The Sound of Night". I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment